1. Why do the female Olympic beach volleyball players have to wear those teeny-weeny undies?
2. Why can I never, ever remember what row of a pattern repeat I’m on unless I write it down? Even if I swear I have burned it into my brain before getting up from the chair?
3. Why does my ball of laceweight yarn never seem to get any smaller, even though I’m knitting like crazy?
4. Why did I insist on interrupting regularly-scheduled knitting yesterday to wind yarn and swatch for something new, thereby ensuring an occurrence of #2, above?
5. Why does at least one person out of four in this house always have to seem disappointed with whatever it is I’m serving for dinner? (Not always the same person, mind you – it rotates.)
6. Why was the only suitcase deemed suitable for camp the one that lives inside a larger suitcase, which in turn lives in a very inconvenient corner of the closet? (Corollary: Why am I considering seeing a chiropractor?)
7. Why does someone always have to take a shower 10 minutes after I have cleaned the bathroom?
8. If eight is such a lucky number, why can’t I think of any lucky occurrences in my life linked to the number eight?
9. Why can’t I put down these vampire books?
10. Why do I ask so many questions, and rarely get answers?
Sadly, these questions are mostly rhetorical.
What’s on your mind today?