I’ve got some posts in the queue, but nothing feels quite like the right statement for today. So you get randomness.
1. Nearly every day, someone hits this blog with the search phrase “being a lawyer sucks.” (OK, now I just ensured, by typing those words, that I come up first the next some someone searches with that phrase.) I wonder, is someone out there yanking my chain?? We’ve discussed, ad nauseum, that this is not my philosophy. So knock it off!
2. I’m tired of snow. I’m tired of ice. I’m tired of salt stains on my shoes. Sigh.
3. Knitting in public leads to some funny conversations. I was knitting in the doctor’s office the other day, as I waited.
Doc, entering room: Oh, you’re knitting. Wait, is that knitting?
Me: Yep, I’m knitting.
Doc (who is a woman of my age): Huh. How do you do that?
Me: I don’t know, but I think it’s easier than, say, surgery.
Doc: (Laughs.) I’ll be back in just a few minutes.
Doc (returning after about 30 minutes – not her fault – lots of weird stuff going on, most of which I could overhear, HIPAA be damned). I’m so sorry about that. Thank God you’re not finished with that thing yet.
Yeah, you probably had to be there, but it struck me funny.
4. Stacey mentioned the other day that she’s got anchovies in her pantry, but no cocoa. I replied that I have capers, but no mayonnaise. Angie chimed in that she had all of the above… so how about you think of one weird thing you have on hand, and one common thing you don’t have?
5. Someone I know recently made some potato gnocchi and sent me tempting photos. I’m urging a guest blog post. Don’t you all want to see?
That’s all I’ve got.